Saturday, January 31, 2015

DIY - [inexpensive] DREAMCATCHER!

dream·catch·er
ˈdrēmˌkaCHər,ˈdrēmˌkeCHər/
noun
noun: dreamcatcher; plural noun: dreamcatchers; noun: dream-catcher; plural noun: dream-catchers
  1. a small hoop containing a horsehair mesh, or a similar construction of string or yarn, decorated with feathers and beads, believed to give its owner good dreams. Dreamcatchers were originally made by American Indians.


When it became difficult for me to find the perfect sized hoop for my project, I did what any other frugal DIY'er would do - I searched for inspiration in my own home. Part of an old, dirty bird feeder, that was collecting dust in our garage, caught my eye and got put to new use.




Supplies used:
Burlap*
Jute twine*
Doily ($1.00, Michaels)
Faux feathers ($1.00, Dollar Tree)
Colorful beads ($1.00, Dollar Tree)
Embroidery thread ($.39 ea., Michaels)
Hot glue gun & sticks*

(*Items I already had on hand)

Good thing my daughter approves, as it is going in her room!

Happy Friday, Folks! ;-)
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your comment. I read each and every one and will be sure to reply!