Saturday, November 23, 2013

DIY Yardstick Star - Inexpensive Decor for Christmas!

Hello Friends!

If you are following me on Instagram, you'll know that I attended my very first DIH Workshop on Thursday, at my local The Home Depot.

One of the projects they shared with us was a DIY Yardstick Star. They chose to stain their yardsticks, but my creative juices started flowing and I saw spray paint & Christmas lights!

You'll also know that I'm all about inexpensive DIY projects, so the fact that they're $.68 each had my wallet (and husband!) happy.


What You'll Need:
Yardsticks ($.68 each - The Home Depot)
Spray Paint (I used Rust-oleum, Primer)
Christmas Lights (Check your local Dollar Tree!)
Staple Gun (However, a Hot Glue Gun will work too!)

I chose to spray paint the sticks first. Either way works! Once your sticks are dry, lay them on the floor in the form of a star, staple the corners (or glue!) and start wrapping your lights around.

That's it! A quick, easy and inexpensive project for Holiday indoor or outdoor decor.


Happy Holidays!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your comment. I read each and every one and will be sure to reply!