Monday, November 4, 2013

DIY JEWELED VASES! {A Michaels Craft Store Knock-Off!}

Why pay more when you can make your own for less?



Just like Target, I cannot go into a Michaels Craft Stores just for one thing!

Went inside to purchase twine.
Came outside with $34 worth of crafts.

As soon as I walked into the store, I was reminded of a project two lovely Bloggers recently made. A DIY studded acrylic tray - inspired by Yulia & Shavonda. With that being said, it was totally meant to be when the first thing I saw was a display of colorful and decorative paper. I grabbed a sheet to my liking and then it was downhill from there.

From that moment on, things just kept piling up in my cart!

Forget about that twine now, I was on a mission for spiked studs and an acrylic tray.

During my struggle to search for studs, I came across Jewels-on-a-Roll. Thought to myself, "Hmm. That might be cute to wrap around the tray." But No. I was determined to find those studs in that lovely-but-oh-so-crammed-craft store.

When I passed by the mason jars, I saw these... (Unfortunately I didn't have my phone with me, so I couldn't take a picture of the ones in the store!)


$16.99 was their asking price. For one. Just one!

I thought to myself, "Hmph! In a world of Pinterest and DIY Projects, I can make these!"

And that's just what I did!

Wanna make them too?!



What You'll Need:
Jewels On A Roll ($2.99 - Michaels Craft Stores)
Tall Glass Cylinders ($1.00 ea. - Dollar Tree)
Hot Glue Gun
Glue Sticks

No need to measure it out - just add some glue onto the beginning of the roll, stick it to the glass, wrap the roll around the glass {to meet the beginning}, cut the access roll off and glue the end onto the glass.

That's it; throw some Christmas ornaments inside and you're done!

Oh, and about that twine? I found some. Christmas twine, at that! $1.99 - in the Clearance section. Hey, don't sleep on that Clearance section all the way in the back!

Happy Holidays!

Have you gotten started on Christmas decor yet?
post signature

8 comments:

  1. How cute is this? Wish I had known about this for my wedding. I love bejeweled anything :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always a chance to make these for when you renew your vows, LOL. ;) Thank you for your comment!

      Delete
  2. Target (and Michael's) are like black holes. I literally cannot go into those stores without spending $100. These are so cute though! We're living in our big new house now and I literally have NO holiday decorations. But it's just so expensive when you're starting from nothing. I love these though, they're so pretty for Christmas so I might try to find time to make some. Otherwise my plan for this year is to hit the stores after all the holidays and take advantage of the sales. I'm going to Target for Halloween stuff this evening!

    Sarah @ Life As Always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girlie!! You are so right. Target and Michaels are my favorite - especially those $1-$3 sections! That's a great plan to shop after the Holidays - very smart. I might have to try that!

      Delete
  3. I am a huge fan of bejeweled anything!!!! This just gave me more hope for my wedding budget!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!!!! So glad this helped. Congratulations on your engagement!! :-)

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your comment. I read each and every one and will be sure to reply!