Wednesday, October 2, 2013

DIY: Pumpkin String Art!

I am so proud to say that I came up with this idea on my own. Surprised?!

Initially, I was inspired by a decorative pumpkin I saw in a Holiday issue of Better Homes & Gardens magazine.

And when I am inspired, I either pin it on Pinterest, screen capture it with my smart-phone or I awkwardly stand in the check-out line at the grocery store and take a picture of a picture.

Like this.


Isn't it cute?!
If you follow me on Instagram, you would know that I had a vision as soon as I saw this photo. I knew that I wanted to incorporate string art into it, so that brings us to this...

What You'll Need:
Pumpkin (any size)
Stencil
Pencil
Nails
String
Hammer



As easy as it is to push the nails into the pumpkin, your pointer finger will eventually beg you to use the hammer, so keep one on standby.

Remember when I told you about Pic Monkey? That's where I got the 31 from. Visit the website, create a blank collage, save it to your desktop, go back to Pic Monkey, edit the photo, open the collage you just saved, click on the (Tt) tab for various fonts. I chose the ULTRA font.

Print.

Tape the paper to your pumpkin.


Outline the numbers with a pencil.

Remove paper, and trace the lines with nails.


For each number, you can start anywhere by tying your string onto any nail. Then move it to any other nail, wrap it around the nail head once and continue to do this with every nail. I went a little overboard with the string on the #3, so the "wannabe perfectionist" in me will fix that soon. ;) But, in the meantime....

Use it as inside or outside decor for the Halloween month!

Happy Day, Y'all!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! I'm always trying Pinterest projects but wondering when I'll come up with something of my own ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your comment. I read each and every one and will be sure to reply!