Thursday, October 10, 2013

DIY Halloween Stenciled Sand Pails.

During the Summertime, I scored these sand pails from Michaels for $.50 each. I figured some clever ideas would pop in my head as to what to do with them, so I couldn't pass this sale by.

Day 5 of Carmel's 31 Days of Decrapification had me and the Hub cleaning out hall closets, when I came across these beauties again.

Talk about ideas poppin' in my head!





What You'll Need:
Sand pails
Black Cat photo (log onto Pic Monkey, create a blank collage, save to your desktop, click on edit photo, open the blank collage, click on the themes Halloween pumpkin, then Witches, then Black Cats)
Frankenstein photo (can be found on Pinterest)
Scissors
Permanent Marker
Black Paint Marker
Drill

Directions:
Cut the picture out, tape it to the pail, use the permanent marker to outline, use the black paint marker to color it in. Use the permanent marker for details (ie. whiskers, spider...) Use one to drill holes and add flowers. Use the other to add candy.


Hey Bloggers - Want to give off the illusion that you have a bucket full of candy?!

Here's my little trick (or treat) for ya!


I started off with this, give or take a few ten tootsie rolls that I ate. ; )

I used one of my daughter's blocks to fill up half of the pail.

Placed a grocery bag on top before adding the candy.

Looks like I spent more than just $4 (Thanks Dollar Tree!) on candy to fill this bad boy up!







Have you gotten started on Halloween decor yet?!

Linking up with  & Making Home Base.

I am so honored and grateful to be featured on I Gotta Create's Wildly Original Link Party #74!!!!
post signature

3 comments:

  1. Great project !!

    I would love you to come and share @ Craft, Create & Inspire linky party !!!

    Look forward to seeing you there :)

    http://lemonpaperdesigns.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/craft-create-inspire-linky-party.html

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Claire! I just linked up. I really appreciate you stopping by and your comment!! :-)

      Delete
  2. So cute, what a great idea!! I really want to decorate my house this year, but it's our first house and we have nothing, so I should maybe probably wait for this year's November sales and then decorate NEXT year, I'm thinking. :-)

    Sarah @ Life As Always

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your comment. I read each and every one and will be sure to reply!