Tuesday, September 3, 2013

DIY: Spoon Mirror!

Hello!

If you are following me on Instagram/Facebook, you will know that I am in the process of revamping my dining room.

This past weekend, I have finished several small projects, including this little cutie which will be displayed on my gallery wall.

(Click here for this awesome video tutorial!)

What You'll Need:
Spoons (qty. 48)
Plate (to draw your circle onto your board board)
Foam Board
Scissors
Hot Glue Gun
Glue sticks
Mirror
**(Most, if not all, items can be purchased at your local dollar store!)


Instead of placing the mirror on the board and having it move all over the place while gluing the spoons on, I decided it'd be best to use a bit of scotch tape to leave it in place until I finished gluing the spoons.

Using an industrial pair of scissors (I didn't have any, which may explain why several of my spoons cracked - errr!), cut your spoons.


Using a hot glue gun, glue the spoons onto your foam board like this.


Repeat for second & third row, but be sure to place them in between two.


Take mirror off, remove tape, add hot glue...



Place mirror back into center.


If the cracked spoons are noticeable, add some embellishments! ;)




Have a great day!
post signature

1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your comment. I read each and every one and will be sure to reply!