Wednesday, September 4, 2013

DIY: Burlap Framed Chalkboard!





I'm going to be honest with you, this is not what I had originally planned.

This.


















This is what I had planned.

My chalkboard is made out of plywood and a wall panel.

I purchased the plywood for $3.87 and the wall panel for $12.97 from my local Home Depot. I spray painted the plywood chalkboard and the panel metallic. It looked to be a great idea until the gorilla glue (that I used to stick these two together) melted through and made a huge mess. In an attempt to save my project, I outlined the inner frame with silver glitter glue. Big mistake. Huge.

After hanging the chalkboard onto the wall today, I knew I couldn't leave it as is.

So, when in doubt, use burlap!






Using scissors and my hot glue gun, I was able to transform my once-metallic/silver glitter-glue chalkboard into a burlap beauty!

Oh, and some flowers for additional cuteness.




Just need to finish up a few things on my gallery wall, but I'm very pleased with how the chalkboard looks. Stay tuned.

Have a great day!




3 comments:

  1. So cute! I absolutely love the gallery wall, I want to do something similar on a wall I have upstairs, so thanks for the inspiration!

    Sarah @ Life As Always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, you're welcome!! Thank you so much for reading. Cannot wait to see what you do for yours! :-)

      Delete
  2. Omg... this is so beautiful! I love that it's pinterest inspired. I feel like pinterest is like pandora's box filled with inspiration.

    Btw thanks for joining the Blog Hop! Hope you're having fun! :D
    -Your Co-host, Lynn @ MakeupWithTea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your comment. I read each and every one and will be sure to reply!