Friday, June 21, 2013

P.F. Changs Orange Peel Chicken!

Wednesday marked Week #7 of the Food Challenge with my Sis! 


 

And oh, what a challenge it was.

It was messy.

Hot grease popped all-up-in my right eye. Ain't nobody got time fo'dat!

But it was so unbelievably delicious that I couldn't believe I MADE IT!

Wanna make it too?

What You'll Need:
1 tblspn vegetable oil
2 tblspns minced garlic
4 green onions, sliced
1 cup tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tblspns chili garlic sauce
1 tblspn soy sauce
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
peel from 1/4 orange, julienned (into 1/8″ thick strips)

Directions:
(Make the sauce): In a medium saucepan, heat oil; add garlic and
onions; do not let the garlic burn; add tomato sauce; bring to boil.

Add sugar, chili sauce and soy sauce; bring to boil; simmer five to
six minutes or until sauce thickens; remove from heat.

Prepare chicken: In wok or large skillet, heat oil. Meanwhile
cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces.

In medium bowl combine egg and milk; mix well. Place flour in
shallow dish.

Coat chicken pieces – first in the flour, then the egg wash and
back into the flour. Cook in 2 or 3 batches until all chicken is
cooked.

When chicken is done, remove oil and rinse out wok with water;
reheat pan. When hot, add orange peel and chicken; heat through -
about a minute – stirring gently.

Recipe found via Pinterest - Source.



Enjoy!
post signature

4 comments:

  1. I have had this same recipe forever but haven't had the time to try it... it's on of my favorite restaurant dishes, though. However, I don't want to get hot grease in my eye... yowza!!

    Sarah @ Life As Always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of frying foods. If I could, I'd fry in a helmet, long sleeves and sunglasses. But, it was SOOOOOO good! :-)

      Delete
  2. Great recipe! My kids are tired of eating the same thing each week. I'll have to give this a try. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! It was so delicious. I hope you give it a try - let me know how it turns out. ;)

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your comment. I read each and every one and will be sure to reply!