Tuesday, June 18, 2013

DELICIOUS Honey Garlic Chicken Wings!

Last week, I made me and my Honey some Honey Garlic Chicken Wings for dinner, and let me just tell you -

If the way to a man's heart is through his stomach then I won my man's heart over twice!

I mean, he's a man, and let's face it, Ladies; men love wings, right?!?!

He could not get enough of these. Not only did he brag about them to our family, but he went to Sam's Club the next day to purchase another bag of frozen chicken wings so I can make these again soon. Like, real soon. Like, "I could eat these every single day" soon. His words.




What You'll Need:
2 cup flour
4 tspn salt
4 tspn black pepper
3 tblspn ground ginger
2 tblspn ground nutmeg
2 tspn ground thyme
2 tspn ground sage
2 tblspn paprika
1 tspn cayenne pepper
4 eggs
8 tblspn water

Directions:
Sift together the flour and spices. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and water. Heat a skillet on the stove with about a half inch of canola oil, be sure to cover the bottom. Season the chicken wings with salt & pepper, then dip the wings in the flour and spice mixture. Then into the egg-wash and again into the flour/spice mixture. Fry the wings for about 4-5 minutes per side until golden brown and crispy. Drain the chicken wings on a paper-towel covered plate.

In the meantime....

Honey Garlic Sauce:
In a medium saucepan, add 2 tblspn olive oil, and 3-4 cloves minced garlic. Cook over medium heat to soften the garlic but do not let it brown. Add in 1 cup honey, 1/4 cup soy sauce and 1 tspn ground black pepper. Simmer together for 5-10 minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes. Be sure to keep an eye on the sace as it simmers because it can foam up very easily.

In a large glass baking dish, drizzle some BBQ sauce on the bottom of the pan. Scatter the wings on top. Using a cooking brush, pat each wing with the Honey Garlic Sauce just to ensure that they each get enough. Drizzle some BBQ sauce all over the wings and the remaining Honey Garlic Sauce.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake for 10 minutes.

Enjoy!
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Oh yum, these look delish! For some reason I have a problem with meat on the bone though... but I always order boneless wings when I can find them. :-)

    Sarah @ Life As Always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! I think I know what you mean by that. I am surprised my chicken wings weren't black as tar from overcooking. My problem with meat on a bone is that I worry the meat doesn't cook thoroughly. The banner (on this photo) covers a few pieces of chicken that I stabbed quite a few times to make sure that the inside was cooked, LOL. Those were the ugly pieces of the chicken that I didn't want my readers to see. Shhhhhhh, our little secret. LOL. :-)

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your comment. I read each and every one and will be sure to reply!