Thursday, June 27, 2013

Beefstro Bruschetta Burgers - OH, MY!

I swear, I'm slowly turning into a "Foodie Blogger". I'm going to have to change my blog name to "The Food Network Housewife".

Yesterday marked Week #8 of the Food Challenge with my Sis.

On the menu: BEEFSTRO BRUSCHETTA BURGERS.



What You'll Need:
3 tblspns Dijon mustard
3 tblspns reduced-sugar apricot preserves
1 tblspn prepared horseradish
2 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
1 lb. lean ground beef
3/4 tspn lemon-pepper seasoning
8 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick!) - I opted for Whole Wheat French Bread.
1 cup fresh arugula or baby spinach
2 oz. Brie cheese, cut into 8 thin slices
1/4 cup julienned roasted sweet red peppers
 
Directions:
In a small bowl, combine the mustard, preserves and horseradish.

In a small skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir prosciutto over medium heat until lightly browned. Set aside.

In a large bowl, combine ground beef and lemon-pepper. Shape into eight patties.

Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. (To save time and energy, I grilled the patties on our George Foreman Grill.)

Grill or broil bread for 1-2 minutes on each side or until toasted.

Spread each slice of toast with 1-1/4 teaspoons reserved mustard sauce. Layer each with arugula/spinach, a burger, a cheese slice and 1-1/4 teaspoons additional sauce. Garnish with peppers and prosciutto.

Serve immediately.



Enjoy!

Recipe found via Taste of Home - Source.Sausa
.nsor
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh... yum! I love how you do a "food challenge" with your sis!

    Sarah @ Life As Always

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your comment. I read each and every one and will be sure to reply!